Senior Systems Engineer
Short Description: Paragon Solutions is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer supporting AFLCMC/HBQ division at Hanscom AFB.
Program: Ballistic Missile Early Warning Systems / PAVE Phased Array Warning System (BMEWS/PAVE PAWS): The BPP Program Office supports and sustains five radars, across North America and Europe, which provide early-warning ballistic missile detection, acquisition, classification, and tracking of ballistic missile attack, 24-hours per day, 365 days per year. The radars are also capable of detecting, identifying, and tracking man-made objects in low-earth orbit.
Duties Include, but not limited to:
- — Conduct reviews on program portfolio to evaluate and/or recommend alternative plans, improve systems engineering programs/processes, manage/sustain program technical baseline, and design/perform system level tests to assure that subsystems and system performance is achieved in accordance with approved specifications
- — Perform program reviews to evaluate alternative proposed plans, systems engineering programs, design and test results to assure that subsystem and system performance is achieved in accordance with program specifications
- — Prepare technical documents which define, specify, and recommend system/subsystem characteristics. Prepares management reports and conducts technical presentations for planning, implementation and corrective action using application of engineering economy principles
- — Perform validation of systems, including development of criteria and procedures. Analyze and/or evaluate results of major engineering systems
- — Provide system/program engineering, technical support and technical training to support programs/initiatives, including but not limited to: acquisition, development, integration, sustainment, continued evolution, deployment/fielding and installation, and operations oversight.
- — Provide engineering support services and inputs to program and project risk management activities in compliance with AF SEAM processes
- — Provide engineering support to conduct formal trade studies based on engineering performance, effectiveness, cost effectiveness, cost performance, life cycle cost, producibility, reliability, maintainability, risk, and schedule.
- — Provide technical recommendation support services, including reviews, studies, audits, evaluations and analyses, scientific and procedural guidance, documentation, technical analysis, and support of associated engineering IPTs.
- — Provide proposal analysis support services that compare and quantify proposed systems, components, approaches for technical feasibility, compatibility, and cost effectiveness
- — Review and analyze system concepts and user requirements that have been approved and entered into a system requirements baseline (functional, allocated, and product)
- — Provide concepts and requirements analyses support services including, but not limited to, reviewing and analyzing:
- * Initial Capabilities Documents (ICDs),
- * Capability Development Documents (CDDs),
- * Capability Production Documents (CPDs),
- * Analysis of Alternatives (AoAs),
- * Military Utility Assessments (MUAs),
- * Concepts of Operation (CONOPs),
- * Technology Development Strategies,
- * FCAs/PCAs, and
- * Technology Standards Profiles
- — Valid DOD Secret clearance
- — US Citizenship
- — Possesses the advanced knowledge, experience and recognized ability to be considered an expert in their technical/professional field.
- — Possess the ability to perform tasks and oversee the efforts of junior and mid-level personnel within the technical/professional discipline.
- — Demonstrate advanced knowledge of their technical/professional discipline as well as possess a comprehensive understanding and ability to apply associated standards, procedures and practices in their area of expertise.
- — Advanced Degree (MA/MS) and 12 years of experience in the respective technical/professional discipline being performed, 5 years of which must be in the DoD OR, BA/BS degree, and 15 years of experience in the respective technical/professional discipline being performed, 5 of which must be in the DoD OR, 20 years of directly related experience with proper certifications, 8 of which must be in the DoD.
Advanced Degree (MA/MS) and 12 years of experience in the respective technical/professional discipline being performed, 5 years of which must be in the DoD
BA/BS degree, and 15 years of experience in the respective technical/professional discipline being performed, 5 of which must be in the DoD
20 years of directly related experience with proper certifications, 8 of which must be in the DoD