Senior, Mission Planning Specialist
- — Excellent retirement plan
- — Low cost of living with competitive compensation package
- — Exciting work that supports the warfighter
- — Career growth and advancement potential
- — Extensive benefits
- — Flexible work/life balance
- — On the Emerald Coast
Paragon Solutions is looking for a talented Senior or SME Level M&S Engineer to support the Direct Attack Division, AFLCMC/EBD, has responsibility for developing, producing, and sustaining Direct Attack Air-to-Ground weapons systems and subsystems for our nation’s warfighters and foreign military customers. These products consist of the Massive Ordnance Penetrator (MOP), BLU-120, Joint Programmable Fuze (JPF), Hard Target Void Sensing Fuze (HTVSF), Medium Caliber Ammo and Foreign Military Sales of Direct Attack assets. Their mission is to advance combat capability through lifecycle management of direct attack systems and enterprise-level air armament mission planning capabilities; integrate existing standard munitions and launch platforms and integrate with C4I capabilities. Paragon Solutions supports more than a half dozen programs with engineering services to help the Armament Directorate with their mission.
Senior Mission Planning Specialist Responsibilities:
- — Provides knowledge and experience in weapon planning systems and subsystems with emphasis on Navy applications; specifically F/A-18 operations and mission planning
- — Includes analyzing weapon and user requirements for derived subsystem requirements associated with navigation and guidance systems
- — Understanding of operational real-time planning and preplanning systems for the employment of weapon systems in tactical aircraft and unmanned aerial systems development of mission planning support systems of active and passive weapon guidance systems
- — Requires strong knowledge and experience in software engineering processes; mapping data, mapping data sources, accuracy and precision of map products; understanding of photogrammetric development of mapping products, imagery products, National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA) product specifications, production sources and methods; accuracy of guided weapons and sources of error associated with the weapons total error budget; the role of mission planning systems in the error budget of guided and unguided weapon systems; national and tactical sensor systems; targeting sensors and their use in weapon planning and operational use on tactical aircraft and unmanned aerial systems; NGA requirements process, and distribution; and DoD mission planning systems, requirements, acquisition, integration, testing, and fielding processes
- — Knowledge and experience shall include air tasking order methods and processes, in air operations centers, software interfaces, software verification/validation, agile software development, JMPS and other mission planning systems, and weapon fly-out modeling
- — Knowledge and experience shall include; F/A-18 operations (pilot or weapon systems officer), network-centric operations in tactical data links (Link-16, Combat Net Radio (CNR)/Variable Message Format (VMF) networks), unit level C4I systems, and network connectivity/interoperability
What you will need as a Senior Mission Planning Specialist:
- — MS in Engineering + 15 years of relevant experience or Ph.D. + 5-25 years relevant experience (Engineering degree must be ABET-accredited)
- — Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing to all levels of company and customer staff and management
- — Current Secret clearance
- — US Citizen
- — Possible Travel required
- — Ability to rent/operate rental cars while on travel
- — Ability to work flexible and varied hours
___________________________________________________________________________________ The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.
Paragon Solution, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by federal, state, and/or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
Active secret (updated within 6 years) with no adverse reporting.
MS in Engineering + 15 years of relevant experience
Ph.D. + 5-25 years relevant experience (Engineering degree must be ABET-accredited)