Modeling and Simulation Engineer – M&S Job
- — Excellent retirement plan
- — Low cost of living with competitive compensation package
- — Exciting work that supports the warfighter
- — Career growth and advancement potential
- — Extensive benefits
- — Flexible work/life balance
- — On the Emerald Coast
Paragon is looking for a talented M&S Engineer to support the AFLCMC/EBJ, Long Range Systems Division which consists of the Hypersonic Conventional Strike Weapon (HCSW), Joint Air-to-Surface Standoff Missile (JASSM) and JASSM-ER (Extended Range) production, development, sustainment, US/FMS, Miniature Air Launched Decoy (MALD), MALD-J (Jammer), and MALD-X development, and the Stand in Attack Weapon (SiAW). They are responsible for the development, test, fielding, and sustainment of long-range armament and electronic attack systems, guided direct attack/standoff wide-area weapons, guided/unguided sub-munitions, and advanced electronic warfare systems. Paragon supports more than a half dozen programs with engineering services to help the Armament Directorate with their mission.
Modeling and Simulation Engineer Responsibilities:
- — Performing a broad range of Modeling and Simulation (M&S) efforts to include developing M&S capabilities or utilizing existing M&S capabilities for evaluating the effectiveness of hypersonic weapon systems for all phases of flight, lethality, guidance, navigation, control, GPS, thermal, survivability, etc.
- — Applying creativity, innovation, advanced approaches, and technologies in performing M&S and understanding different approaches in the M&S area to ensure the program office realizes the limitations of M&S and uses M&S appropriately.
- — Evaluating and understanding other agency/organization M&S methods, results, capabilities, and limitations in support of hypersonic weapons systems.
- — Monitoring other agency M&S efforts, understanding their methodologies and assumptions and then providing recommendations to the program office to improve or enhance M&S capabilities.
- — Using M&S to determine system and component performance and effectiveness and performing engineering trade-offs.
- — Making recommendations to the program office based on M&S that will have an impact on cost, schedule, and/or performance in the execution of the development of the hypersonic weapon system.
- — Providing support for embedded software, software interfaces and interoperability in weapon and weapon-support systems including software analysis, COTS and GOTS interfacing and performance analysis, software architecture review, software development processes, configuration management processes, and tools assessment, and software test systems and capabilities.
- — Knowledgeable in the use of Hardware-In-the-Loop and Software-In-the-Loop (HWIL/SIL) for the development and testing of software applications. Experience in Software Functional Qualification Testing to include developing test cases to exercise all aspects of software functionality.
What you will need as a M&S Engineer:
- — US Citizen
- — Top Secret clearance (must be updated within the past six years)
- — MS of Engineering with 15+ years of experience or Ph.D. with 5+ years of relevant experience (Engineering degree must be from an ABET-accredited university)
- — Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
M&S Preferred Qualifications:
- — Familiarity with Aerodynamics and 3-6DOF trajectory simulation, and capabilities with reviewing CDF analysis
- — Travel required
- — Ability to rent/operate rental cars while on travel
- — Ability to work flexible and varied hours
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.
Paragon Solution, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by federal, state, and/or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
Active Top Secret (updated within 6 years) with no adverse reporting.
MS of Engineering with 15+ years of experience
Ph.D. with 5+ years of relevant experience
**Engineering degree must be from an ABET-accredited university**